Gall Stones Diet
Diet for Gallstones
There is no specific diet for gallstones. However, research suggests, there are certain low fat foods that can help relieve the symptoms. If you are overweight, reducing weight in a proper way can prove beneficial.
GALLSTONE DIET RECOMMENDATIONS
Can Food Influence Gallstones Formation?
The primary function of the gallbladder is storing bile released from the liver. Gallstones develop as a result of improper functioning of the gallbladder. There are no foods that can prevent gallstones. However, certain dietary changes can help alleviating symptoms like abdominal pain, bloating, nausea, and vomiting. It should be noted that obese people are more prone to developing gallstones. So, if you are overweight, gradually reducing weight can benefit. Low fat foods can also help to a certain extent. A safe weight loss of 1-2 lbs (0.5 to 1 kg) per week is recommended.
- Вегетарианское питание рекомендуется. Он должен содержать зеленые листовые овощи, такие как шпинат, салат, кориандр, листья карри.
- Другие овощи, такие как свекла, морковь, редька, брокколи, брюссельская
- Специи как куркума, чеснок, гвоздика, корица превосходны
- Fruits- grapefruit, sugarcane juice, strawberries, Lemon, oranges, apples, avocados, and walnuts
- Include whole grain varieties of starchy carbohydrates like bread, rice, cereals, pasta, potatoes, chapattis and plantain
- High fiber foods like beans and pulses should be included
- Drink plenty of fluid – at least two litres daily, such as water or herbal teas.
- Have small frequent meals
Продукты для умеренного потребления:
Limit the use of oil, ghee, butter, dairy and fruits like custard apple, and sapota (Chikoo)
Продукты, которых следует избегать:
- Alcohol in any form should be completely avoided
- Non-vegetarian food should be avoided this includes sea food, lean meat, eggs.
Completely avoid frozen, preserved, or canned foods including chips, soups, meats or vegetables, they are known to have high salt or sugar which may lead to fluid retention.
- Avoid sugary foods such as chocolates, ice-cream, candies and cake
Dr Khyati Dave is a licensed Homeopathy Physician and Nutritional Consultant. With Biogetica, she has witnessed many patients, who had otherwise given up hope, heal faster supplemented by our natural methods. She considers consulting Biogetica patients her primary responsibility and honour. She often writes about nutrition, natural treatment methods and diet. Her mission is to apply her medical talents to help each patient heal faster and do her best to give the immunity of patients with so called ‘incurable’ diseases a fighting chance.