What is the Management for Herpes?
Herpes is a viral infection. The variants of HSV virus are HSV1 and HSV2, and they are responsible for causing HSV infection. Herpes is a sexually transmitted virus, but it can also be transmitted from mother to child. As per the records, it is the second most common viral infection on the planet, first being a common cold. Herpes affects both men and women. It is a highly contagious infection that spreads by direct contact with sores or the affected area even when no sores are present. It also increases the chances of grabbing HIV. Thus, we would want to inform you that no one can ignore Herpes infections whether they currently have symptoms or not.
Symptoms of Herpes
You can remain asymptomatic and not have any symptoms for years. However, few others can show the below symptoms:
- Oral herpes: It is mostly caused by HSV1. Oral herpes shows the below exacerbations:
- Red fluid-filled blisters on the lips, mouth, and tongue
- Severe pain
- Difficulty in eating
- Pain and difficulty while swallowing
- Genital Herpes: It is mainly caused by HSV2. It shows the below exacerbations:
- Red fluid-filled blisters around the genitals which bursts open to form sores or ulcers
- Painful micturition
- Pain while passing stools if the blisters are present in the anal region
- Chicken Pox: It is caused by the Varicella zoster virus and shows the below symptoms:
- Skin rash that appears all over the body except palms and soles
- General Malaise
- Low-grade fever
- In 2-3 days, rash forms to vesicular eruptions with severe itching.
- In 5-6 days, eruptions turn into scabs
If a person is infected with chickenpox once, the body develops a natural immunity against it and the virus remains in the dormant state in the body.
- Cytomegalovirus: It is a herpetic virus associated with the salivary gland. It usually affects immune-compromised individuals, such as newborn infants, organ transplant recipients, and HIV patients. It is characterized by the following symptoms:
- Impaired vision
- Stomach infections
- Can even be fatal if not treated properly
- Roseola: It is caused by Human herpesvirus 6 and human herpesvirus 7 and mainly affects the pediatric age group. It shows the below exacerbations:
- High fever
- Skin rash
- May even lead to convulsion in a few children
- Infectious Mononucleosis: It is caused by Epstein- Barr Virus. The patient may either remain asymptomatic or show the below symptoms:
- Sore throat
- Swelling of Lymph nodes
- Swollen tonsils
Stages of Infection:
Herpes virus may remain dormant by hiding in the nerve ganglia and may flare up when the immune system weakens. The stages of herpes infection are:
- Primary stage: This stage is within 2-8 days of infection. The infection may start with small blisters, that are red, painful, and fluid-filled. These blisters turn into sores that break open and then dry.
- Latent stage: This stage is when there are no external symptoms visible and the virus travels to the nerve ganglia.
- Shedding stage: After the virus reaches the nerve ganglia, it multiples and invades into the body fluids such as saliva, semen in men, and vaginal fluids in the female. These fluids then are responsible for transmitting the virus, thus known as the shedding stage.
Diagnosis of Herpes:
The doctor may clinically examine the affected area and may even recommend certain blood tests like Herpes PCR DNA test which is the most accurate test or may also suggest antibody tests that look for IgG and IgM antibodies your body created to fight against the virus.
What are the treatments for Herpes?
Conventional Treatment for Herpes
Conventional treatment for herpes consists of antiviral drugs. However, the effort of antiviral drugs fails, and the virus lies dormant behind the blood-brain barrier where the immune system and antiviral drugs cannot reach. The virus also mutates itself into strains that are resistant to antiviral, thus they have no effect of the antivirals. Moreover, these antivirals have a host of side effects when taken regularly, so they are suggested only when you have an outbreak. So, when you have the outbreak to take antivirals and the virus gets suppressed for a temporary period, again the virus flares up after an interval and again you need to take antiviral, and this vicious cycle continues. Still, it is not a permanent cure as it may relapse even if a virus escapes the treatment.
Alternatives for Herpes
Complementary natural care includes health sciences such as Ayurveda, Homeopathy, and Nutritional supplements that can give you a positive hope to lead a better life without any side effects. Natural ingredients like hypericum mysorense, herpes imprints, and monolaurin have shown tremendous effects in clinical studies on boosting the immune system in Herpes patients. To learn more about our groundbreaking products consult one of our Doctors at https://www.biogetica.com/is-herpes-treatment-a-herpes-cure#herpes
Let us go through revolutionary studies on natural formulations:
- Hypericum Mysorense: International Journal of Research in Ayurveda and Pharmacy has recently published a research article on an ayurvedic herbal combination called Hyperisince which combines Hypericum mysorense along with other herbs. According to this clinical research analysis, over 76% of patients reported improvement and over 80% of patients who took Biogetica Hyperisince for 4 months or more noticed long-term boosting of their immune system and it also helped to support the body’s natural nerve-calming processes.
[study link: Pdf- https://ijrap.net/admin/php/uploads/1831_pdf.pdf
Html link- https://ijrap.net/index.php/login/abstractt?id=1831 ]
- Herpes Imprints: Herpes imprints benefited 82% of patients in an independent clinical trial conducted in France. This research never made it to the mass media despite the inventive results.
[Link- https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S1475491699904290 ]
- Monolaurin: Monolaurin is a supplement that is now being recommended by the Canadian government for HIV and Herpes patients because it is traditionally believed to dissolve envelopes, thus making it easier for the immune system to fight back.
[Link- https://www.catie.ca/ga-pdf.php?file=sites/default/files/mono.pdf ]
- Prunella vulgaris: It is a herb that is traditionally believed to address inflammatory conditions. Research shows that this herb may help boost immunity against certain infections.
[Link- https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0166354205001166 ]
Natural supplements along with an improved lifestyle and diet can help all aspects of herpes. Biogetica combines Homeopathy, Ayurvedic herbs, and Dietary supplements to address the condition as a whole and from its root cause. Nearly all the Biogetica products have traditional use of clinical research from Ayurveda and Homeopathy and are supported by modern studies and trials. If you are looking for a safe, natural, and effective management for Herpes without any known side-effects, please contact one of the doctors at https://www.biogetica.com/is-herpes-treatment-a-herpes-cure#herpes
Dr Ritu Sandhu, B.H.M.S., Homeopath, and NASH member graduated From Chandigarh Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital, Chandigarh, INDIA is a licensed Homeopathy practitioner since the last seventeen years. She writes on health-related topics to share her cumulative experience. Her mission is to uphold the time-honored values of compassion and humanity when caring for patients.