What Are The Natural Ways To Potentially Treat Osteoarthritis?
Are you suffering from Osteoarthritis? Don’t worry! Many women over the age of 50 discover that osteoarthritis is the cause of their creaking knees, back aches and sore fingers. All of a sudden, life revolves around osteoarthritis, but luckily, Osteoarthritis does not need to take control. Read on to find more information on Osteoarthritis, its causes, symptoms and natural ways to potentially heal Osteoarthritis.
Osteoarthritis is a gradually advancing disease leading to severe pain in joints leading to difficulty in routine tasks. Osteoarthritis is the most common form of arthritis. This condition can lead to depression and sleep disturbances due to severe pain. This happens when the protective cartilage that acts as cushions for bones wear down over a period of time. It may affect any joint but mainly in your hands, knees, hips and spine.
Symptoms of arthritis develop slowly and gradually get severe over-a-period of time.
- Pain during movement.
- Stiffness – joint stiffness after being inactive and upon awakening.
- Tenderness in joints on applying pressure.
- Restriction in the movement of your joints to their full range.
- Grating feeling or may hear cracking or popping.
- Swelling of joints.
Speak to a doctor when you have pain or stiffness in joints which lasts for a bit longer period. You can consult one of our doctors for free at www.biogetica.com or click on this link https://www.biogetica.com/how-to-find-arthritis-treatment-to-cure-joint-pain#overview to know more about arthritis.
The cartilage that cushions the ends of bones in the joints gradually gets damaged and leads to osteoarthritis. Cartilage is a firm slippery tissue that helps in almost frictionless movements of joints. It happens due to the wear and tear of the cartilage. In addition to the breakage of the cartilage, osteoarthritis affects the entire joint. It not only changes the bone structure but also deteriorates the connective tissues that hold the joint together and attach muscles to the bone. It also causes pain in the joints.
Factors That Can Increase Your Risk Of Osteoarthritis Include:
- Osteoarthritis increases with age; thus, it more affects elderly people.
- Women are more likely to develop osteoarthritis.
- Overweight may lead to osteoarthritis. Increased weight adds stress to the hips and the knees. Fat tissue can produce proteins that can lead to inflammation in the joints.
- Repeated stress on the joints e.g. Sports players may suffer from osteoarthritis due to repetitive stress on certain joints.
- Hereditary: Some people are born with defective joints or cartilage. Diabetic persons or persons with excessive iron may suffer from osteoarthritis.
Diagnosis Of Osteoarthritis
- Physical exam. The doctor will check for any tenderness, swelling, redness and flexibility in your affected joints.
- X-Ray: Cartilage doesn’t show up in the X-ray but narrowing the space between the two bones in the joint reveals the loss of cartilage. The X-Ray may show spurs around the joint.
- Sometimes, MRI is needed to diagnose osteoarthritis in complex situations.
- A blood test will help rule out other causes of joint pain. For example, rheumatoid arthritis.
- Joint fluid analysis is done to determine the causes of the pain whether due to gout or any infection rather than osteoarthritis.
Treatments For Osteoarthritis
Conventional Treatment For Osteoarthritis
The treatments that are prescribed for osteoarthritis include analgesics, corticosteroids, NSAIDS and counterirritants for local application to reduce pain and inflammation. Conventional medicines do not cure osteoarthritis, they merely suppress the symptoms for a temporary period. These medicines have serious side-effects such as gastrointestinal discomfort, ulcers in the stomach, bleeding, myocardial infection, stroke, hypertension, fluid retention, erectile dysfunction, anxiety, depression, hyperglycemia, diabetes, amenorrhea, slow down the kidney function and candidiasis. Thus, these medicines need to be administered with caution. It has been observed that only a strong immune system and musculoskeletal structure is the best option for dealing with osteoarthritis or any other conditions.
Natural Alternatives For Osteoarthritis
Complementary systems of medicine that consist of Ayurveda, homeopathy and dietary supplements aim to address the root cause of osteoarthritis. Osteoarthritis is caused due to weakening of the musculoskeletal system. Natural sciences are believed to support the normal structure and function of the joints and help to boost your immune system.
Natural ingredients Tinospora Cordifolia (Guduchi), Boswellia serrata, and Curcuma longa have shown tremendous effects in clinical studies on psoriasis. Some of the clinical studies are mentioned below:
- Tinospora Cordifolia (Guduchi): Study suggests that Tinospora Cordifolia may help to reduce inflammation naturally. 
- Boswellia Serata: Research shows that Boswellia serrata may help to reduce the frequency of swelling in the knee joint and improve mobility of the joints. 
- Curcuma Longa: A study indicates that Curcuma longa is safe and effective in improving joint function and may help in the management of osteoarthritis. 
Tips For The Management Of Osteoarthritis
- Apply a cold pack or a heat pack on the affected joint to relieve pain.
- Massage the affected joints.
- Wear the joint supports or braces especially while walking or working.
- Avoid strenuous impact sports, like football and basketball.
- Use a cane or crutches while walking to reduce stress on the joints.
- Avoid excessive stress on the joints especially if osteoarthritis affects the lower limbs.
- Avoid exposure to cold and wet climates as it may aggravate the pain.
- Exercise and maintain mobility of the affected joints.
Biogetica combines all the above natural ingredients to target osteoarthritis as a whole and from its root cause so that effects can be long-lasting. All of the Biogetica formulas have traditional use of clinical tests from the natural system of medicine such as Homeopathy, supplements, and Ayurveda and are supported by modern research and trials. If you want to know the natural, safe and effective natural way to address osteoarthritis or consult a doctor for free, please click on the link https://www.biogetica.com/how-to-find-arthritis-treatment-to-cure-joint-pain#undefined
Dr Khyati Dave is a licensed Homeopathy Physician and Nutritional Consultant. With Biogetica, she has witnessed many patients, who had otherwise given up hope, heal faster supplemented by our natural methods. She considers consulting Biogetica patients her primary responsibility and honour. She often writes about nutrition, natural treatment methods and diet. Her mission is to apply her medical talents to help each patient heal faster and do her best to give the immunity of patients with so called ‘incurable’ diseases a fighting chance.