Homeopathy Remedy for UTI
An infection in the urinary tract is called UTI. Infections are caused by microbes’ such as fungi, viruses, and bacteria. The most common causes of UTIs are Bacteria. When the bacteria reach the urinary tract, they are quickly removed by the body before they produce symptoms. But, sometimes bacteria overpowers the natural immune system of an individual and cause infection. An infection in the urethra is called urethritis. A bladder infection is called cystitis. Bacteria may travel the other parts such as the ureters to multiply and infect the kidneys. A kidney infection is called pyelonephritis.
Causes of Urinary tract infection (UTI)
The most common cause of UTIs are bacteria that live in the bowel. The bacterium Escherichia coli (E. coli) cause the vast majority of UTIs. Microbes such as Chlamydia and Mycoplasma can infect the urethra and reproductive system but not the bladder.
Improper emptying of the bladder can also cause urinary infection. This may happen after taking certain medications such as anti-depressants, lack of physical exercise, constipation, and poor bladder control.
Prostate gland enlargement is the common cause of UTI in men. Enlargement of the prostate gland may not allow complete emptying of the bladder. Other infections such as infection in the urethra, infection of the prostate gland can also cause urinary tract infection.
There are certain predisposing or associated factors that influence the incidence and development of UTI. These factors include:
- Age & Sex: UTI is common in women of all ages. This happens as women have a shorter urethra. The use of deodorants on the genitals can also cause infection. Women in the post-menopausal stage may develop an infection due to a lack of female sex hormones.
- Pregnancy: Urinary infections are common during pregnancy. Pregnant women may suffer from frequent urinary infections.
- Diabetes Mellitus: People with high blood sugar levels are prone to suffer from frequent urinary infections.
- Urinary Tract Obstruction: Any obstruction of the urinary organ within the urinary tract is the most common cause of infection. It may occur due to the presence of stone in any part of the urinary tract.
- Use of Instruments: Use of catheters or other instruments can result in the entry of bacteria in the urinary system which can lead to infection.
Symptoms of UTI
Symptoms of a UTI may be different depending on age and gender, and other conditions.
- A frequent and intense urge to urinate
- A person may feel pain and burning in the bladder or urethra during urination.
- Scanty Urination with muscle aches and abdominal pain.
- Urine may become cloudy, dark, or bloody or have a foul smell.
- Children may show symptoms such as loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or abdominal pain.
- A mild fever may be present due to infection
- Pus in the urine or discharge from the urethra may be present
- A need to urinate several times at night may be present
- Боль во время полового акта
- Pressure in the lower pelvis may occur while passing urine
Conventional treatment for Urinary tract infection
Allopathic treatments for UTI include antibiotics, anti-inflammatory, and Urine alkalizers. However, these Allopathic treatments do not cure UTI.
Natural therapies such as resonance homeopathic, traditional ayurvedic herbs, and biotechnology products are preferable because these helps to boost the immune system and resist the proliferation of bacteria. Biogetica offers a combination of different natural therapies to boost your immune system’s responses to bacteria in your Urinary Tract. You can also consult with a doctor for free www.biogetica.com.
Homeopathic alternatives for UTI
Homeopathy does not treat a symptom but considers the unique set of symptoms as a whole to address the root cause of the problem. Homeopathic remedies for UTI are believed to enhance your immune system’s responses to bacteria in your Urinary Tract. The therapies also make your body inhospitable to the survival of the bacteria. Homeopathic remedies for UTI are:
Hydrastis Canadensis: Studies suggest that this homeopathic formulation may support the normal structure and functioning of the urinary organs. Link to
Aloe Socotrina: Studies suggest that this homeopathic formula for UTI may normalize your urinary pH. Link to
Allium Sativum: Studies suggest that this homeopathic formulation may flush out the toxins from the body and boosts immunity. Link to
Anthracinum: Studies suggest that this homeopathic formula may produce a soothing effect on urinary mucosa and enable the normal flow of urine. Link to
Sarcodes: Studies suggest that the sarcode may support the normal structure and functioning of the urinary tract. Link to
Tips to prevent future UTI
A few tips are given here to prevent future UTI:
- Drink more water. It is recommended to drink at least six to eight glasses of water per day.
- Avoid stopping urine. Pass urine as soon as you feel the urge.
- Wear or use cotton undergarments
- Change your undergarments frequently if you sweat more
- Pass urine before and after sexual activity
- Avoid using a diaphragm or spermicide. You can use another alternative form of birth control
- Men should use non-spermicidal lubricated condoms
- Women should wipe from front to back after passing urine.
- Women should avoid using douches or vaginal sprays
- Avoid wearing tight clothing as it may irritate the skin, trap heat, and will promote bacterial growth.
You can also follow the given dietary tips to boost immunity:
- Eat blueberries, cranberries, and pineapple to boost immunity. Eat more fruits and green leafy vegetables.
- Include more probiotics in your diet. Yogurt is the best choice.
- Add sugarcane juice and raisins in your diet to boost immunity
- Avoid drinking too much tea or coffee as they can irritate the bladder and can make the condition worse
- Avoid drinking alcohol
- Avoid eating spicy and hot foods. Also, avoid using artificial sweeteners in food
- Avoid eating seafood such as fish, lobster, shrimps, etc. These foods have a high protein that may increase the workload of kidneys.
Dr Ritu Sandhu, B.H.M.S., Homeopath, and NASH member graduated From Chandigarh Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital, Chandigarh, INDIA is a licensed Homeopathy practitioner since the last seventeen years. She writes on health-related topics to share her cumulative experience. Her mission is to uphold the time-honored values of compassion and humanity when caring for patients.