Natural Solution for Cataract
The most promising natural solution for cataract
The lens of the human eye lies behind the iris and the pupil. A cataract is the clouding of the eye’s lens that diminishes vision and results in vision loss if not treated on time. It is the most common cause of vision loss over the age of 40 years.
Cataracts can occur in one or both eyes. A clear lens allows light to easily pass through so that a person can see objects easily. When a part of the lens becomes opaque, it does not allow light to easily pass through and vision becomes blurry.
What causes cataracts?
- Aging is the most important cause of cataracts. Besides aging, other risk factors include:
- Systemic diseases such as diabetes, hypertension, etc
- Exposure to ultraviolet radiations
- Excessive use of steroidal medications
- Any injury or inflammation to the eyes
- Excessive alcohol consumption
- Заместительная гормональная терапия
- Oxidative changes to the human lens due to improper diet
Варианты лечения катаракты
Many people are advised to use strong bifocals, magnification, and other visual aids for improving vision.
In progressive cases, surgery is advised to regain vision. The surgeon removes the clouded lens and replaces it with a clear intraocular lens.
Natural treatment options
Progression of cataract can be delayed by using natural therapies including herbs and homeopathic remedies. A wide number of homeopathic remedies are found effective for reducing the chances of development of cataract:
Homeopathic remedies such as Nat Mur, Calc Flour, Silicea, Cineraria, and causticum are believed to clear the lens opacity and clear the vision naturally.
Homeopathic sarcodes that contain imprints of cons, retina, rods, and cranial nerve are believed to strengthen the optic nerve and improve retinal function.
Many herbs such as Curcuma longa and nutritional supplements such as vitamin C are believed to support the normal functioning of the optic nerve to maintain normal vision.
- High dietary intake of vitamins and carotenoids are believed to reduce the risk of cataract. Good food sources of carotenoids include green leafy vegetables, spinach, carrots, and kale.
- Vitamin E can be obtained from food sources such as almonds, spinach, sunflower seeds, etc.
- Anti-oxidant vitamins such as vitamin C and omega 3 fatty acids are also known to reduce the risk of cataract.
Dr Ritu Sandhu, B.H.M.S., Homeopath, and NASH member graduated From Chandigarh Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital, Chandigarh, INDIA is a licensed Homeopathy practitioner since the last seventeen years. She writes on health-related topics to share her cumulative experience. Her mission is to uphold the time-honored values of compassion and humanity when caring for patients.